It took Cliff Anthony about seven years of writing, rewriting, tweaking, and a few pints of tequila to complete Tears in God’s Own Country.
A native of Kerala, Cliff made America home in 1986.
To pay for his food and mortgages, Cliff teaches journalism and freelances for area publications in Cleveland, Ohio.
First novel: Page-A1 (Published in 2013)
◊ Professor – Journalism and adviser to The Collegian — Lorain County Community College, Ohio (15 years — Retired).
◊ Assistant Professor – Journalism and adviser to The Stater (Three years) — Cleveland State University, Ohio.
◊ Bureau chief, Geauga County edition (One year) , Reporter (Four years) —The News-Herald, Willoughby, Ohio.
◊ Reporter (10 years) — Sun Newspapers, Cleveland, Ohio.
◊ Managing Editor (Three years) — News India, New York.
◊ Reporter (Three years) — Oman Daily Observer, Oman, Middle East.
◊ Reporter (Three years) — The Blitz Group, Mumbai, India.
◊ Copy editor (One year) — Mid-Day, Mumbai, India.
↔ Nine awards — The Press Club of Cleveland’s All Ohio Excellence in Journalism.
↔ Distinguished Service Award in 2021 from The Society of Professional
Journalists (Cleveland Chapter).
↔ Three awards — SPJ’s Ohio Best Journalism.
↔ Three awards — The Suburban Newspapers of America.
* The Press Club of Cleveland (Board member).
* SPJ’s Porter Scholarship Committee (Cleveland Chapter).
* Ohio Writers’ Association.
* Literary Cleveland.
* Northern Ohio Writers’ Guild.
- Recently published articles:
- Alberta smokes bring memories of Covid
- The insidious impact of colorism
- A revenge party is not what the nation wants or needs
- The liberating world after masks
- Christmas in India
- 9:11 Column-CT-9-15
- A tribute to Jim Sheeler
- Trump’s refusal to concede
- Kamala Harris
- Thumbs up emoji